Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 18, 2005

I love New York.

I love New York. It's a great city. You never who you're going to meet.

Case in point: I was waiting for the train to pick me up to take me to Union Square. I was going to meet Felino for a cup of coffee. The scenario: It had just been the hottest day of the summer and it was currently the hottest evening as well. I waited for the (underground) train (I called them Metros in DC but that's tooo passe' to say to a New Yorker) and start to sweat. I sweat fairly easily and it was really hot. I tried to stay cool using my hand to fan my face when a family of three stops right next to me to wait too. The mother immediately starts to rifle through her purse. Apparently she saw how sweaty I was and was looking for some paper so she could help fan me. She looks at me and says, "Are you on your way to a date?" ha ha. What a good natured woman. I politely said no and explained that I was on my way to meet up with a friend. It didn't matter how I looked. :)

No comments: