Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Eight-Nine Weeks


Violet is growing up!! Ladies and Gentlemen, my little (err... not soo little) one is growing up. She had her two month pediatrician appointment this past Wednesday and it was so hard on me. Who knew? She got four shots (ouch! but thank-god the nurse was speedy) and some liquid medication. She was fine when we got back home. She took a nap and nursed-- as usual... until 3pm hit. I think that the pain from the shots and wooziness from the drugs started to hit her. She was so unhappy and crying that loud cry like, "What happened to me?" We ended up giving her some Children's Tylenol that calmed her down. Thank god.

Her pediatrician was able to tell us that Violet is now 13.3 lbs and 24 inches long (that's 2 feet!!)! Holy moly. Our child is in the 95th percentile for height AND weight for children her age. HA HA. Joe and I have a jumbo baby. I figured that the picture above was a good illustration of just how large our baby is. Uncle Den made a good point and said that at least she was 95% in both height and weight and it wasn't skewed one way or another. She's gaining proportionately.... for now. My obstetrician said, "Whoa! She came out big and is staying big!" That's my girl.

I actually took the picture because I thought that it was a funny sleeping position.


Still practicing the Heisman... but she does it with a tiny smile now.


Uncle Jonathan came from Chicago to visit the wee one!! We tried to take her outlet shopping but the FL heat was too much for her. She lasted about an hour before we threw in the towel and called it a day.


Auntie Karen came and visited too!! She's a newlywed and so we were super excited that she had time (even if it was for a few hours) to stop by and say hello!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is hillarious! I love it that she's big. Everyone knows that a big baby is way cuter than a little baby :-) By the way, I love the picture of your mom and Violet. Too bad that you guys are so far...

Love,
Remy