Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 20, 2004

concert!

For the past three years, I have been waiting too see Death Cab for Cutie in concert. Last night was the time that I had been waiting for. A radio station out here hosted a 5 band concert for a mere 25 bucks a person. It started with some local band, DCC, Muse, Franz Ferdinand, and the Yeah, Yeah, Yeah's. I bought the ticket just to see DCC but liked the music of Muse and that one song of FF.

DCC was great live-- they were having some bass problems but it was fixed by the 3rd or 4th song. I thought that they did a kick-ass job. Well, except for that one part where the bassist jumped off the drummer's platform and fell on his butt.

I must admit, though-- Muse stole the show. I wasn't expecting such a great performance from them but boy, they sounded better live than they do on their CDs. The lead singer kinda looked like a quirky, black headed version of Clay Aikon (is that how I spell his name?). The guy was pint-sized. FF was ok. Most of their music was much more mellow than I had anticipated. I was ready for a nap by the time they were done with their set... But then the 3Y's came on--my naptime quickly ended. The lead singer was dressed from head to toe in a tight shiny silver shirt/ skirt duo with little red ruffles around her neck and waist.Her feet were adorned with green converse high tops. She didn't sing at all-- she just screamed all of her songs. I would compare her scream to a loud, banchee like scream. It was ear piercing and mind numbingly bad. I really thought that they were just joking around at first but... to my dismay, their "act" was really who they were.

No comments: